- Investments – approved without discussion
- Appropriations – approved without discussion
- Transfers – approved without discussion
- Advances & Repayments – none
- Requisitions – approved w/o discussion
- Travel- none
- Bills – approved w/o discussion
- Authorized personnel – will defer to executive session
- Approve meeting minutes from previous meeting 7/21/21
- Job & Family Services – move to table was approved
- Resolution – authorize and rescind various personnel using agency’s MasterCard not to exceed $2500 for permissible expenses in 2021 – approved
- Resolution – Common Pleas Adult Probation – Approve a probation funding grant agreement for $1,375,180 with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, Division of Parole, and Community Services Bureau of Community Sanctions for Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison (TCAP). Funding will establish and operate a full-supervision for community offenders under community control within its jurisdiction effective until June 30, 2023. Approved.
- (Engineer’s office) – Resolution: Approve and enter into a subdivider’s agreement with Amherst Hampshire Farms, LLC John Edmonson subdivider. Subdivider has submitted all proof of ownership and insurance. Approved.
- (Veteran’s) Authorize $1,000 to Andras Crematory and Funeral Home in Lorain for an indigent veteran
- Authorize another $1,000 to the above for an indigent veteran
- Authorize Veteran Service Director Jacob Smith to use the county Visa card not to exceed $5000 – Moore found out it is important because they operate about 10 vans to transport veterans. This covers board members travel expenses to conferences and to use to maintain the vehicles. Approved
Lobby portion – no one from the public requested to speak
Mr. Tom Williams, County Administrator – Job and Family Services employees are doing a great job. An employee saved an elderly person’s life. I will talk to you about some other good things during the executive session.
Dan Petticord, Assistant County Prosecutor – no report, but I’ll talk to you during executive session.
Michelle Hung – no report
David Moore – no report
Matt Lundy – JFS (Job & Family Services) provide services to over 47,000 members of our county and the employees are great. Saturday was a tremendous day and also to remember Sam Felton who we lost too soon during Covid, a Navy Star recipient and a double Purple Heart recipient with Central Park was named after him. He was an advocate for veteran’s issues. Deputy Steak Fry was a tremendous barbecue. Urban League asked him to tape something encouraging people to get vaccinated. We all see the reports coming out that we should be concerned about the very aggressive variant out there. If you have been hesitating to get the vaccine, please get the vaccination! The overwhelming of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. It is a very aggressive variant so please get vaccinated. (I am not retyping, he literally said this twice!)
Clerk’s report – no report, just retirement proclamation for 2 JFS employees
Board correspondence reading waived due to an executive session.
Meeting adjourned into executive session.
(This is a report of the July 28, 2021, meeting of the Lorain County Commissioners.)